Summary of Event
Discussion with Senior Associate Justice Paul Newby and Professor John V. Orth about how this important document was framed in accordance with the Reconstruction Acts after North Carolina was readmitted into the Union.
PRESENTATION IS FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Date: Monday, November 19th, 2018
- Time: 5:00pm
- Location: North Carolina State Capital, One East Edenton St. Raleigh, NC 27601
- Cost: Presentation is FREE and open to the public!
- Guest Speaker: Paul M. Newby - Senior Associate Justice Supreme Court of North Carolina
- Guest Speaker: John V. Orth - Professor of Law University of North Carolina School of Law
A LIVE PRESENTATION SHARING THE LEGACY OF THE 1868 NORTH CAROLINA CONSTITUTION AND ITS HISTORICAL IMPACT
Constitutional Tales - Ann McColl, an attorney practicing in the field of education law since 1991, created Constitutional Tales, a live, full production presentation that uses actors to recreate debates and other important events about the 1868 Constitution of North Carolina. Constitutional Tales is a multimedia presentation adapted to the interests of judges, lawyers, historians, educators, students, advocates, legislators, and policy-makers.